The study of ethics in Central Europe is in many ways in its early stages of development. This workshop will bring together research centres that have it as a special focus to share our diverse approaches to this common aim and to strengthen connections between our research communities.
- Department of Applied Philosophy and Ethics at the Institute of Philosophy, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Centre for Ethics and Philosophy in Practice, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich.
- Centre for Ethics as Study in Human Value, University of Pardubice
The event will run from 10h00 to 14h00 in Prague at the Czech Academy of Sciences (Jilská 1, 110 00 Staré Město). The room number is the FLU meeting room on the first floor.
- 10h00-10h30: Introductions from each participating organization (10 minutes each)
- 10h30-11h15: Marius Baumann (Munich) (zoom) - Meritocracy, Humiliation, and Populism
- 11h15-noon: Geoffrey Dierckxsens (FLU) - Medical Enhancement and the Impact of Ideology
- 13h00-13h45: Niklas Forsberg (CE) - Attunement, Atonement, and Advancement
- 13h45-14h30: Juraj Hvorecky (FLU) - Ethics of AI from the Epistemological Perspective
Everyone is welcome to join in on this day of collaboration.